Wednesday 30 January 2019

Maybe !!

We sit across each other now,
pretending to be interested in gossips or work,
You tell me something high and mighty, 
about someone high and mighty,
And I listen, every word, with rapt attention,
Because I am afraid, that if I stare for a second too long,
I might not be able to go back...
When suddenly, you drop in a casual statement,
which makes me think,
about the thoughts that start with a "Maybe"

Just maybe, you are not pretending to fit in,
Just maybe, you do genuinely care, about me,
Just maybe, you are trying to make up....

Sometimes I wonder, 
why is just being yourself so hard for you....
I know for a fact, that we all are a bunch of misfits here..
Why do you need to have those high walls around me,
and I think I have earned it, 
when I say, high walls of nothingness, and for nothing...
When suddenly, you give me that look,
that glance which makes me go searching for a gasp of breath,
and I think, "Maybe"

Just maybe, you don't know yet,
Just maybe, you are not sure yet,
Just maybe, you are tied in some way.

Sometimes I wonder,
Am I wrong, in treating you the way I do,
Or for treating you really nice?
I don't know if that makes you feel comfortable,
Or it just adds to your discomfort of not being a part of it?
At times, I try and desperately search for something..
Something, and anything that will help me know,
What works for you... 

Because, maybe, no matter what,
I really want to see you settle...
This weird restlessness you have about you,
doesn't really do justice to the presence,
that one would like write about... :P

Sometimes I wonder,
do you even read what I write?
do you ever think of any "Maybe"s,
"Maybe"s that I am a part of....

And I think, "Maybe" !!

5 comments:

  1. Wow... just wow😍😍😍
    Your writing is wonderful. Honestly, to be it is very relatable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BLOWN!! Dunno why I didn't read thus before.

    ReplyDelete