Monday 7 January 2019

The odd one out there !!

One day I said,
That this oversized sweater reminds me of you, especially on a rainy day, with a hot chocolate mug in my hand,
And you just smiled, and said, "I'm glad, you think I am that comforting"
The other day I said,
I am so weird, and you sat me down, with examples of weirdness in (and around) your life...

There were days when I would just get bored,
and I would text you... And you would entertain me,
Till the sun showed up again on the horizon,
and it was time to attend one of those lectures where no one listens to anything...

There were days when I would feel so much of something,
and I would want to distract myself,
and I would text you.... And you would entertain me,
Till we saw the first rays of sun outside our windows,
and it was time to actually get up and see each other in college,
somehow pretend that we would just harmlessly banter,
and now I wonder why,
why didn't we stop & think about it?

Maybe, it was the beauty of it..
The beauty that you would find in this mess,
Or was that solace & friendship?
There were days when we would talk 24*7,
and there were times when we replied back to each other after days, at an instance, after a year...

But over the years, we are still the same...
We know the best sides of each other, and the worst....
There are things you know that I might not even think of again,
And I know, I have been at those places for you at times..

Yet, we never dated.. we never made promises of "bff"s
we don't expect much from each other,
and yet, we know, we are always gonna be there for each other..

One day I said,
That chaos is calming, it tells me everything is okay,
And you probably sighed, and said, "Haven't heard anything so relatable for a long time"
The other day I said,
Cut out from the same cloth, aren't we...

And you would probably say something,
sweet, cheesy yet corny....
And we would continue walking our own paths,
trying to keep our souls alive, feel alive....

1 comment: